Sunday 21 March 2010

Sherlock Holmes, agent of propaganda.


Recently I saw the Guy Ritchie directed rendition of Sherlock Holmes. Before I go on I should say that I get yes, there will be some spoilers in here some where.


The movie's plot is in brief the story of a secret society within the government, and a rogue member who wants world domination. - that was the very short version.

I of the things that bother me with the story is that when Holmes is told that there is a secret society that is at work to steer mankind's destiny and is inside every major portion of the government he does not respond with anger or surprise, he is in fact quite calm about the hole thing and takes the task of tracking and stopping the rogue member.

Is it just me or is Holmes a little miss-guided I think maybe he was supposed to be outraged and try to expose them.

Then later in the story we see our loved detective actually perform a black magic ritual, he then has a vision that leads him to solve the while case. There is also a constant stream of symbolism in the story that even though does fit the plot it's there, its blatant and it is not kept secret from the characters in the story.


I am worried about this masonic/secret society propaganda and how even the main paragon like hero of the story does not flinch at its existence, its not okay to use secret society's to influence world politics. Do you really think that this is what Arthur Conan Doyle had in mind when he wrote the original work?

Give it a watch and then give it some thought, you may, like me decide that its a little creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment